Where are we now?


View Where are we now? in a larger map Jo, Annie, Miles and I are living in Northport, Alabama and working at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. We've been glad to be in one place for a bit after what appeared to be semi-permanently traveling (in actuality for a period of 2.5 years).We started this blog to catalogue some of the adventures when Jo and I were sequentially conducting our dissertation research in India and Brazil. While we've fallen off the blogging bandwagon somewhat during recent trips to Brazil, we're trying to pick it up again now that we're back in India!


Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Next "Brazilian Idol"



When I get tired of listening to myself (unbelievable, I know, but it does happen)...I like to support local talent. This is one of the children of the house I'm staying at (I think...as there are nine of them about the same age I tend to get them confused with the neighbor's children!). It's always fun to watch the kids "play" most have never really seen, much less held, a musical instrument, so they get really excited. I tried teaching one of the older kids a simply song, but they were much more content to "jam" on it until it was woefully out of tune...lucky for all of us I have a tuner! (which they're perhaps even more interested in!-look it can hear me from 3 feet away, now 5 feet, now 10 feet!)

No comments: