Where are we now?


View Where are we now? in a larger map Jo, Annie, Miles and I are living in Northport, Alabama and working at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. We've been glad to be in one place for a bit after what appeared to be semi-permanently traveling (in actuality for a period of 2.5 years).We started this blog to catalogue some of the adventures when Jo and I were sequentially conducting our dissertation research in India and Brazil. While we've fallen off the blogging bandwagon somewhat during recent trips to Brazil, we're trying to pick it up again now that we're back in India!


Friday, September 16, 2011

Back to Nanda Devi

As we've been getting settled in with Annie, there hasn't been a lot of time to blog about recent events. Unbelievably, I received multiple emails today that the blog is getting "old and moldy" to quote one disgruntled reader. Well, no more. As I gear up for some more posts and pics about Annie, which to be honest is probably the only reason any of you check this blog, I'll post some pics from a trip that I never got around to blogging about in May---back to Nanda Devi.



Nanda Devi

Many know that I did my Master's thesis research in the Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve up in the Garwhal Himalaya. I'll post a little more about that research, and the primary motivation for returning in a subsequent post. But for now, a few pics from a trek I did while up there with two of my friends Laura and Hillary.


Laura and Hillary outside Tolma village

The trek was one I've done several times before; although I'd jump at the opportunity to do it any day of the week.



Beautiful vistas along the hike


Beautiful close up views as well



Cold mornings


Cold mornings




Morning views I missed oh so much


Part of one of the most amazing views I have ever seen


Made only better---as always--- by the banjo


The alpine glow at dusk is like fire on the mountains


Night time views are just as magical



Yes, I'm wearing the exact same outfit as five years ago. Yes, I've changed my clothes since then.

No comments: