Where are we now?


View Where are we now? in a larger map Jo, Annie, Miles and I are living in Northport, Alabama and working at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. We've been glad to be in one place for a bit after what appeared to be semi-permanently traveling (in actuality for a period of 2.5 years).We started this blog to catalogue some of the adventures when Jo and I were sequentially conducting our dissertation research in India and Brazil. While we've fallen off the blogging bandwagon somewhat during recent trips to Brazil, we're trying to pick it up again now that we're back in India!


Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy first father´s day



So this is a little belated at this point (as are all these posts on Rio by the way), but who cares.

This year was a particularly special father´s day for me, as it was my first as a father.

I woke up and took Annie for a long run up towards the Christ statue, giving Jo a chance to sleep in. That might seem like special Mother´s day treatment, but for me to have a wonderful time with just Annie was really special.

Later in the day, Jo, Annie, and I went to a lovely little bookstore cafe and engaged in another of my favorite fatherly past times: perusing (and procuring!) foreign language children´s books. We came with a few including: I am a Plant; The day you were born; and Spot Goes to Sleep. Sure to be family classics. (my favorite is I am a Plant, although when Annie won´t go to sleep the Spot book has a special place in the rotation).

Aside from the books, there was some lovely afternoon sun, which coupled with a game of peek-a-boo (pictures below) and some excellent espresso and pastries was the proverbial icing on the father´s day cake.










And I think we can all agree that Jo can rock the fedora.















No comments: