Where are we now?


View Where are we now? in a larger map Jo, Annie, Miles and I are living in Northport, Alabama and working at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. We've been glad to be in one place for a bit after what appeared to be semi-permanently traveling (in actuality for a period of 2.5 years).We started this blog to catalogue some of the adventures when Jo and I were sequentially conducting our dissertation research in India and Brazil. While we've fallen off the blogging bandwagon somewhat during recent trips to Brazil, we're trying to pick it up again now that we're back in India!


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Birthday Bash

Someone had a birthday today (hint: it was me), and to celebrate,I and the three ladies went for a day of indulgence at a nearby fancy hotel: the Jaypee Vasant Continental.




Name that movie star

It was pretty divine.

We started out with a day at the pool, which everyone really enjoyed.




Dad with his best birthday present







We then headed upstairs to the spa where Jo and I each had a great hour long massage.



Throw in some birthday cake, ice cream, and fiddle time and it was a great birthday...now if I could only just be on the West coast of the U.S. right now I'd have the entire day left to celebrate again!

1 comment:

Marian Kramer said...

I finally had some time today to catch-up on your blog. Annie is so freakin' cute!!! You guys are too. :) I'm glad that Grandma could make it there to visit...looks like all are having an awesome time!!! Love from California!!