Where are we now?


View Where are we now? in a larger map Jo, Annie, Miles and I are living in Northport, Alabama and working at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. We've been glad to be in one place for a bit after what appeared to be semi-permanently traveling (in actuality for a period of 2.5 years).We started this blog to catalogue some of the adventures when Jo and I were sequentially conducting our dissertation research in India and Brazil. While we've fallen off the blogging bandwagon somewhat during recent trips to Brazil, we're trying to pick it up again now that we're back in India!


Monday, May 25, 2009

reprieve!

Just a quick note to say that I found a new place to live (pretty quick turnaround time, eh?). It's in the far south of Delhi, whereas I am now in the far north--a bit far from the metro for my liking, but closer to some of the doctors with whom I'm working, close to a big and famous market, and...drum roll!...it has ac! and wirless! and a kitchen and tv and daily cleaning and unlimited clean water! the landlords are a retired couple who have 3 daughters all living in America. Granted, it's more than twice what I'd be paying at this place, but it's only for two months,and it's still significantly less than I would be paying in the US.

As my wise and wonderful aunty reminded me on the phone the other day, perhaps being kicked out of this place was a blessing in disguise. I hope I won't regret jumping on this other option very quickly, but I wanted to snatch it up before someone else did!

No comments: