Where are we now?


View Where are we now? in a larger map Jo, Annie, Miles and I are living in Northport, Alabama and working at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. We've been glad to be in one place for a bit after what appeared to be semi-permanently traveling (in actuality for a period of 2.5 years).We started this blog to catalogue some of the adventures when Jo and I were sequentially conducting our dissertation research in India and Brazil. While we've fallen off the blogging bandwagon somewhat during recent trips to Brazil, we're trying to pick it up again now that we're back in India!


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sao Paulo Redux: Jardim Botanico


Back in Sao Paulo after a great trip to Rio, I'm committed to getting out each day and exploring a little more of this gargantuan city. Yesterday, it was two art museums. Today, a trip to the Jardim Botanico (Botanical Garden, who says this blog never taught you anything?). It was a lovely morning: warm and sunny in comparison with the cold and rainy last day or two. I soaked up the sun and enjoyed the time to snap a bunch of photos (surprise, surprise).




 Beautiful landscaping

 A thought-provoking exhibit on electron-microscope images of seeds and spores for this photo-bug

What's the saying? Many stair-cases are in my garden...? Or was it many paths...

 Pretty (interesting) hanging orchid display

 Stand out beautiful


 One giant scary spider.

                                                                       Water lilies abound


 Busy bees


 Captivated by texture

Always a fan of a garden with some big old sculptures

The highlight of the Jardim Botanico, though, in my opinion, was the kilometer-long walkway through Atlantic rain-forest in the middle of Sao Paulo.  

 A dead relative of who I believe was making the chain-saw noise throughout the forest


 Beware of traffic in the tunnel of bambu


Heliconia

So, a pretty neat morning activity all in all. I wouldn't put it at the top of my to-do in SP list (although I don't know what I would, sorry SP, but you pale in comparison to Rio), but if you have a little time, or are skyscrapered-out it is definitely worth a visit. 

No comments: