Where are we now?


View Where are we now? in a larger map Jo, Annie, Miles and I are living in Northport, Alabama and working at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. We've been glad to be in one place for a bit after what appeared to be semi-permanently traveling (in actuality for a period of 2.5 years).We started this blog to catalogue some of the adventures when Jo and I were sequentially conducting our dissertation research in India and Brazil. While we've fallen off the blogging bandwagon somewhat during recent trips to Brazil, we're trying to pick it up again now that we're back in India!


Monday, July 12, 2010

Sorry to all one or two people who actually read this blog from time to time. It's been a fairly hectic week getting set up in Fortaleza, and not a whole lot worth blogging about. Of course, what do they say? When it rains it pours. Well, probably does here as well, although I'm beginning to feel like I'm in Nevada weather wise. Anyways, here are some photos from a trip I took this last weekend to Canoa Quebrada (Broken Canoe...don't ask me didn't even see a normal one). It's pretty neat I'd have to say, perhaps the mini-Bryce national park of the Brazilian coast (emphasis on mini). O






One thing that the beaches here are known for are the dune buggy rides that you can take (they use the English word buggy here, but pronounce it like boogey which always makes me laugh). Anyways, after take a little hike through these neat cliff formations we ended up on the beach where all these dune buggies were gunning there motors to take off...



Another thing the area is known for is its constant strong winds. Everywhere there are these windmills...



and as a result of all that wind you have a ton of nuts who go kite surfing. Now as my photos of people kite surfing were absolutely abysmal, I decided to grab one from google images....it's amazingly cool to watch, but I'd have to say I almost dislocated my shoulder just watching. That's one thing I definitely won't be doing.....at least any time soon :)


No comments: